Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Range day

Had a special Labor Day edition of Range Day. I took a good buddy of mine to the Range yesterday and we had a good time. We had went pistol shooting before, but never rifle, so it was fun. I got to shoot his Sig 556 -- a first for me, and he got to shoot my Colt AR-15, which was the first time he had ever shot an AR. I was HUGELY surprised by that. He liked it though. We also shot the FNAR (he liked the good solid kick of that one), .22s, and Beretta 9mm. Fun, fun.

I ran into Joe Marine again. It's kind of a funny story -- about a month ago I'm sitting in the BK drive-through, and Suburban pulls up beside me and a grey haired guy salutes me. As he pulls off, I see his Semper Fi license plates. Pretty cool. So, I'm on my way out to the gun club, I get there, and there's the same suburban. So, I spend quite awhile talking to Joe -- he's a Vietnam era Marine. As I said, he was at the range again yesterday, so we got to talk again. He let me shoot his 1903 Springfield which was a blast. Sweet shooting rifle. Of course, it only reinforced my desire to get one.

We finished up the day with my buddy's family coming over and having some ribs, potato salad, cole slaw finished up with some apple pie, and washed down with a few Spatens. What a way to celebrate our commie holiday.

No comments: