Thursday, September 17, 2009

Paranoia on my part?

I'm not one to toss about conspiracy theories, but let me lob one at ya -- it dawned on me today... Democrats know they have their backs up against the wall on gun rights in this country, so they're playing nice. They know that a lot of them would lose their seat if they are seen as trying to take away our Second Amendment. They know that pretty much the only way to grab our guns right now is for something catastrophic to happen. Such as a armed revolt or something like that. It occurred to me just moments ago; are Democrats fanning the flames right now? Are they purposefully planting that seed into our minds, knowing that there are enough kooks out there that someone would try it? Just yesterday there was Pelosi, breaking down in front of the camera about her fears of political violence (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video
/2009/09/17/pelosi_chokes_up_warning_against_political_violence.html). I'm sure they knew if there was some sort of revolt, it would be small, isolated and undoubtably fail. But there would be blood shed, people would die, and most importantly to them, the nation's opinions about guns would change, and they would have reason for gun registration, bans, or whatever else they wanted to do.

I'm not saying this is going to happen, and I certainly do not want it to happen. I'm just throwing it out there in case anyone crazy enough to be considering some sort of armed revolt happens to read this. You know in case they perhaps ran a google search on the subject and pulled up my blog by mistake. Just think of the consequences for all us gun owners that aren't crazy enough to do something like that. I don't like the current administration any more than any of you, and in fact probably dislike it more than most. But don't for a second imagine in your mind that it is any more oppressive than it really is. If you think this is oppression of your rights -- and yes, I've read on other blogs where some people are saying we are being oppressed -- crack open a history book and read about true oppression. So a google search on Stalin, or Lenin, or Hitler, the Husseins (you have to throw Uday in there too). Americans do not know any more about oppression as they do about poverty. It's just not in the 2009 America.

No comments: