Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday at the Range

Today was a good day for blasting. The above target is the FN Five-seveN at 50 yards. Not bad; Two Xs, two 10s and three 9s. The pasties are from the Browning Buckmark .22. I shot about 40 rounds of 7.62 NATO reloads through the FNAR. Sweet. I love that gun. I would have posted that target, but it started to rain, and I didn't feel like running downrange to retrieve it. It was shot up pretty good, and not pretty. I did a little blasting with the .357, too. It's an EAA Windicator that I just got back from getting some warranty work done, and since it's my bedside gun, I wanted to test fire it, to make sure it was running smoothly.

Funny thing about the name, Windicator -- It's made in Germany, and I'm thinking it was probably supposed to be Vindicator -- which makes a lot more sense than Windicator, which doesn't mean anything. I'm wondering if this was a "lost in translation" moment between the Germans and their US distributors, since Germans pronounce their Ws like Vs.

No comments: