Friday, December 11, 2009

Cheap fun

I'm going to use a bad word here, in the eyes of many a shooter: Wal-mart. Yep, that's right. I was just in Wal-mart and found a great deal on a cheap piece of kit. They have a "Center-Point" Laser sight for $29.99. It's not the compact little laser sights, but the big honkers that laser-light was putting out 5 or so years ago. the nice thing, it includes a remote switch. This isn't anything I would put on something with sharp recoil like a .45. But, since it's not exactly compact, I think the best application would be to stick it on my Beretta Storm 9mm Carbine. It's perfect for tactical carbines. We'll see next time at the range how it stays sighted with a little bit of recoil.

Past experiences with Center-Point optics haven't been great. I wouldn't advice sticking one of their $49 tactical scopes on something like a 7.62 NATO rifle. The kick is a little much. The crosshairs started to vibrate after about 4 rounds. NOT good.

Semper Fi

No comments: